Galveston Island is a beautiful, historic beach destination known for its great weather all year round. Here’s a list of activities to consider:
• Explore the glass pyramids of family resort Moody Gardens. Here you can tour through a living rainforest replica, one of the largest aquariums in Texas and check out cool exhibits in the Discovery Museum.
• Splash into fun at Schlitterbahn Galveston Island Waterpark, known for the best indoor water park in the world!
• Learn about the rare historic airplanes housed at the Lone Star Flight Museum with a visit to this “war bird” museum.
• Take an African-American Historic Places Tour and discover many of the African American firsts that happened in Galveston!
• Have a relaxing stay at one of Galveston’s many resorts, hotels, beach houses, condos or bed & breakfasts. Sometimes sleeping in is what vacation is all about!
• For sure entertainment, catch a show at the Island ETC Theater.